Tuesday 6 May 2014

MY BIRTH..






As my birthday is just around the corner, I thought of starting my blog by writing about my birth. :) 


8th May 1992, Vadodara, Gujarat


It was nearly 6 in the evening. A man was waiting in the lobby outside the delivery room of Lady Pillar hospital. Lady Pillar is a Christian hospital situated in Fatehganj road, Vadodara. Everyone is expected to maintain discipline and decorum both inside and outside the hospital premises. There was pin drop silence in the corridor, but the state of that man’s heart was exactly opposite. A lot of hustle and bustle was going inside him. He was worried about his wife and the new being to come. A lot of time was passed but there was no crying sound of the baby. The going to be new father was eagerly waiting for the sound to come..... and the sound came “Oxygen!!! Oxygen needed.. bring it fast”. He thought his wife is falling short of breath and this made him more nervous. His heart was beating with muffled sound. But in reality, at 7.15 the baby girl was born but was facing some difficulty with the placenta stuck around her neck. That new born baby was fighting for life and needed oxygen. Doctors removed the placenta and by holding the baby up by feet in mid air spanked her bottom. Then the ever wanting sound came. The baby girl cried. I cried. And this is how my life started. ;)  I was born in a small family which now had four members -my father, my mother, my elder brother and I.

4 comments:

  1. Hi....Himanshi,
    I hope you have a wonderful day and that the year ahead is filled with much love, many wonderful surprises and gives you lasting memories that you will cherish in all the days ahead.
    Happy Birthday.
    BTW what your bday means, share with us too dear...
    and I wish you visit a gal in city regularly.....

    again many many happy returns of the day..........

    a gal in city

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey pretty gal..! I hope you liked my first piece of writing.
      Thank you soooo much for your lovely wishes. :)

      Delete
    2. Himashi........
      Yep I liked it very much....but you didn't share what u got on BDAY

      Delete
    3. This was the first bday when the one who gave me birth, my mom was not there. She is resting in Gods arms now. This day was nothing without her. I miss her a lot....

      Delete