While in the western state of Gujarat, its a nine-day carnival, with glowing city lights, scintillating dance performances and grooving music. The performance of Garba, a popular folk dance of Gujarat, is the highlight of the celebrations of Navratri in the state.
"SEVAIYAN or VERMICELLI KHEER" RECIPE
Cardamom Powder- 1½ tsp
- Heat clarified butter/ghee in a pan. Now add the sevaiyan (vermicelli) and roast it on a medium flame till it turn golden brown.
- Pour milk in the pan and let it come to a boil first.
- Then lower the flame and let it simmer, add sugar, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Let the seviyan(vermicelli) kheer simmer for 5-7 minutes till it gets cooked and the milk thickens a little. Mithai mate or condensed milk can be added to enhance the taste and thickness.
- Add the roasted chopped dryfruits and switch off the gas.