Wednesday 24 September 2014

"SHAKING REPUBLIC DAY"



26th January 2001, Surat
One day before Republic day on 25th Jan night I was discussing with my parents an incident narrated to me by my cousin. My cousin told me that sometimes it happens that the ground shakes, and when the shaking is very intense it can be hazardous as it can lead to collapsing of houses / buildings etc.  I never heard or saw anything like that before. I was just 8 years old. So I wanted to know does it really happen. My parents did not answer me clearly fearing that I will have unpleasant dreams. So I slept leaving my question unanswered.
Next day was holiday as it was 26th January i.e. Republic day. I woke up at 8, came to the drawing hall and started watching cartoon with my brother who was already there. My mom was making breakfast for us in the kitchen. Suddenly we heard some noise. We saw that the spoons stand on the dining table was shaking. In a second or two the sofa on which I was sitting started shaking. My brother opened the door and saw that all the people were shouting “Bhukamp!! Bhukamp!!” and running down the building. My mom asked us to run and she went inside to wake my dad up. He was busy sleeping, enjoying his break from office. My dad in sleep was shouting on my brother “Let me sleep, don’t jump on the bed” hahaha my dad thought that the bed was shaking because of my brother.  Till that time my brother saved his life by reaching on the ground. And where was I??? I was still there in the drawing hall waiting for my mom and dad to come. My mom and dad came out running, dad picked me up and we ran down the stairs and finally got out of the building.
After we got out, my mom dad and my brother started staring at me with wide open shocked eyes. What I was talking yesterday was in front of us live today.  Was it some kind of coincidence? Or Do I have a “Kali zubaan” as they call in Hindi? I don’t know.

I got the answer of my question. “Answer with experience”. :-x 

No comments:

Post a Comment